Monday, March 3, 2008

My World XII

My World XII...
Here is a select World XII from players/coaches past and present. These players are ones that personally I have looked upto during the time I have been fanatic about the game of cricket (Since I watched NZ vs Pakistan in a test in the early 1990s with my father, and I remember Salim Malik batting well). Of course everyone has different opinions about their own select World XIIs, I am interested in hearing from you all what your select World XIIs would be, if you are interested in telling me please leave them as a comment on this post. So here is my team -->

1. Stephen Fleming (NZL) (c)
2. Adam Gilchrist(AUS)(wk)
3. John Davison(CAN)
4. Sachin Tendulkar(IND)
5. Brian Lara(WIN)
6. Jonty Rhodes(SAF) (also fielding coach)
7. Chris Cairns(NZL)
8. Shane Warne(AUS)
9. Wasim Akram(PAK)
10. Waqar Younis(PAK)
11. Daniel Vettori(NZL)

12. Muttiah Muralithiran(SRI)

COACHES:
Head Coach: John Buchanan
Bowling Coach: Richard Hadlee
Batting Coach: Don Bradman/Glenn Turner
Fielding Coach: Jonty Rhodes

RESERVES:
Brett Lee (AUS)
Inzimam Ul Haq (PAK)
Andrew Flintoff (ENG)

OPENING BOWLERS:
Wasim Akram (PAK)
Waqar Younis (PAK)

No comments: